Here are five things and my thoughts. Enjoy!
- Yahoo! InfoCamp Seattle happens at the University of Washington on October 13th and 14th. This is an amazing opportunity for Seattle area information professionals to gather and even to present their own ideas. I will be trying to present alone or on a panel about Digital Asset Management.
- Would you like to know 8 things about taxonomy, metadata and IA in SharePoint? Before you yawn heartily, check out this article by Seth Earley who breaks it down into digestible bits (use taxonomy and metadata to improve navigation, browsing and search – hooray!). If you use SharePoint, this is worth a read and a bookmark.
- I love Adobe Lightroom. Here is a nice video tutorial on using metadata and keywords in LR4 as well as how to actually use the collections and smart collections.
- Over on Metadata Matters, there is a lovely post about transitional librarians – those used to traditional cataloging practice and the current state of affairs with RDA and metadata and the like. There are links to some other resources including an article from the Cornell site on Metadata and Digital Collections as well as mention of NACO.
- You know I love tagging, so will leave you with two things for the price of one – a Macworld review of Tagit productivity software and Tagasauris beta.