Here are 5 things, hopefully with just enough explanation to create intrigue. Not much time for more…
- Have you heard of the Art Loss Register? It is the world’s largest database of stolen art and could really help in this current case at the Kunsthal in Rotterdam.
- From the conference #internetlibrarian, the Librarian in Black posts a marvelous guide to Sensible Library Website Development. My favorite quote “lack of information is at the root of all bad design decisions.” Indeed.
- Here are 50 Great Mobile Apps for Librarians. I like the selection criteria shared in this presentation (also from #internetlibrarian) and can safely say that I use a few (Indeed, Epicurious), but I am adding a reference app and a good dictionary to my smart phone immediately.
- Nominate your favorite librarian for Library Journal’s Movers & Shakers 2013. Enough said. Aren’t I your favorite librarian?
- Are you concerned about social media and photo metadata? Take this survey on Controlled Vocabulary.
BONUS: One of my favorite librarians, Meredith Farkas, blogged about getting out of your own story. Oddly, my therapist’s advice on this just a few days ago was to become “more of a historian and less of a novelist.”