Here are five plus things to ponder this week:
- How are conferences helpful? Jill Hurst-Wahl delineates the ways here. If nothing else, a conference or unconference is an opportunity to hob knob with like minded professionals. I am a huge fan!
- Are you a DAM Guru? There is a program for that – this site connects seasoned professionals with those new to digital asset management.
- If you have five minutes to read about the father of library science, S.R. Ranganathan, take a look at this on the SILAS site. It will knock Dewey out of the park…
- Although my blog rarely appears on any lists, here are 6 indispensable library tech blogs. I especially like the Free Range Librarian.
- An insightful piece in The Atlantic on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the ramifications for cultural heritage preservation.
BONUS: Check out these very thorough metadata guidelines from the Minnesota Digital Library. Whether you are trying to develop your own process or simply interested in how other organizations work, this is a must skim.
Next Thursday is my birthday, so Five Things will return on April 4th. Enjoy!