I am freshly back from a wonderful trip to the Big Apple and ready to present 5 things for you to consider:
- Curious about music librarianship? Get the scoop on Hack Library School. As with any concentration, it helps to focus your efforts, join applicable organizations and network with other music librarians.
- This is an amazing interview with Mary Flanagan, director of Tiltfactor Lab. I believe I mentioned her previously as she is responsible for many brilliant metadata games for crowdsourcing. Find out more here.
- Henrik de Gyor discusses DAM trading cards and DAM voodoo dolls. The voodoo dolls are DAM issues common to many DAM professionals including but not limited to lack of user adoption, bad filenames, non-existent back ups, poor search results…
- Want to clean up your image archive? Spring is the perfect time and you won’t even need environmentally friendly cleaning products, simply some organizational chops.
- One of my favorite topics – findability. This article on DAMNEWS actually lists some handy tips like providing a literal description (sometimes a cigar is just a cigar), the importance of fewer relevant keywords over more less accurate keywords, and subdividing asset catalogs.