Here are five things:
- Take this survey on your favorite DAM helper app. Mine is Adobe Lightroom. We use it for all color correction, keywords and rating prior to uploading to DAM.
- I have always wanted to attend Taxonomy Boot Camp in D.C., but my project budget will not allow for it. Perhaps yours will. You will enjoy such noteworthy speakers as Gary Carlson, Seth Earley, Heather Hedden and Bram Wessel.
- The Chattanooga Public Library is an innovator, “striking a balance between analog and digital platforms [which] can be a difficult task in today’s information age” Thanks, Gordon Belt!
- Here is a great post on creating taxonomies and thesauri from that pesky natural language. Library systems and search have largely been reliant on users ability to post-coordinate terms while using the catalog. This is even more difficult in terms of finding the correct way to state it. Taking a lesson from e-tail, enabling findability is a constant challenge, but trends drive vocabulary (like the unfortunate jegging fashion adventure – jeans and leggings) – the same holds true of library collections.
- Can museums use DAM systems to manage their collections? Check out this post.