Here are five things:
- In case of the Zombie apocalypse, here is a handy Zombie taxonomy including Zombie deterrents (axes, guns, knives) and methods of infection (bites, airborne, scratches).
- Gary Carlson of Factor fame shared 8 Habits of a Good Taxonomist at InfoCamp Seattle. My favorite tip – do not use the word “taxonomy” in polite company.
- How about a tattooed librarian calendar to shatter those stereotypes? Now that you mention it, I am a librarian and I have tattoos…
- How does the government shutdown affect libraries and archives. Read this post by Danna C. Bell to find out.
- Metadata is a love note to the future presents the results of the UK Higher Educations Research Data Management Survey. Scroll down for some interesting data.