Here are five amazing things to knock your socks off this week:
- Did you ever see an RFID book sorting system in action? Here is the one used at the Central location of The Seattle Public Library as well as some stats and information.
- Ian Matzen compiled some information on describing digital video which is always a challenge.
- John Horodyski interviews Ian Matzen on the SJSU SLIS site regarding job growth in digital asset management (DAM) and his enviable position at NET-A-PORTER.
- The Boston Public Library online collection features some incredible silent videos showing the city at the turn of the century.
- And finally, a film preservation manual prepared by the Washington Preservation Initiative and the University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections Division.