Here are more than five things to keep you informed this week:
- My library, the Central location of The Seattle Public Library made it onto two lists recently – American Public Libraries Great and Small from The New Yorker and Stunning Libraries from Around the World from The Guardian. It really is spectacular.
- This Dublin Core Cheatsheet from the Automist could prove helpful in this data dictionary streamlining project I am working on or for some of your projects.
- Check out the South Dakota Digital Archives. Looks like they use a combination of subject terms ranging from LCSH to broader terms to enable greater flexibility in user search.
- This upcoming title looks amazing – Rare Books and Special Collections by Sidney E. Berger. I will hope to get it on Interlibrary Loan if my library doesn’t purchase it because the price is a little steep.
- The Seattle Public Library has a marvelous Pinterest page which includes staff favorites and historical photos amongst other gems.
BONUS: Are you aware of the American Academy of Bookbinding in Telluride, Colorado? It is prestigious and looks essential for anyone working with rare materials.