Here are 5 interesting things to hold you over until 2015. Mod Librarian will return on January 8th.
- Learn SPARQL with this great W3C tutorial. Then check out this SPARQL query editor on the Linked Data Hub.
- Full list of Metadata Matters webinars is here.
- Marvelous and free DAM webinars from Henry Stewart are here.
- SLA Webinar on Using Analytics to Improve Your Taxonomy and User Search Experience.
- RDF: Resource Description Failures and Linked Data Letdowns by Robert Sanderson.
My New Year’s resolution is to learn more about all this stuff. Happy holidays of all sorts!
Here are five more things:
- Using DAM Content Migration to Maximize Asset Value
- The Accidental Taxonomist on Taxonomy Courses
- U.C. Berkeley set to pull plug on anarchist’s archive
- Eira Tansey’s notes on the 2014 Society of American Archivists meeting
- Taxonomy folksonomy cookbook presentation by Daniela Barbosa raises some interesting points
Here are 5 things with acronyms and explanations:
- Best practices for visual content management (VCM) success.
- A nice holiday book list from Another DAM Blog. Now you know what to get your DAM friends…
- New and improved IPTC metadata stuff.
- Introducing the Digital Repository for Museum Collections (DRMC).
- SFU generates PDF finding aids from XML. Cool!