Here are five more things:
- Why graph databases are the future.
- Demystifying the Google Knowledge Graph.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) Fact Sheet.
- Like the idea of mobile DAM? So does Canto (and others)…
- Another DAM Podcast interview with Fred Robertson from Bose.
Here are five more things for you:
- “Workflow. It’s like a buzzword without any buzz.” – from Jim Kidwell’s article Digital Asset Management Workflow: The Unsung Hero of DAM.
- Check out this archive of posters documenting radical history from the University of Michigan Library.
- Another list of the world’s most beautiful libraries and The Seattle Public Library’s Central Library is on there again.
- Is DAM GLAM? Wendy Ackland thinks that digital asset management is very important for galleries, libraries, archives and museums (GLAMS) and I heartily agree!
- Finally, classic Argentine films were found at UCLA.
Here are your five things for the week:
- John Horodyski on managing your global content with DAM.
- More on the perils of automated metadata – hmmm, it should be checked by actual humans!
- The Stages of DAM Consciousness lead from realizing you have a problem to realizing you may need help.
- Nice Tumblr from the University of Miami Special Collections
- Adding video metadata by talking? Check out this plug-in.
Here are five more refreshing things:
- Did you know there is a Taxonomy Division of SLA? Here is a link to webinar information.
- Speaking of webinars, here are two more upcoming DAM webinars from Henry Stewart.
- This is an excellent slide presentation by Dawn Anderson on Ontology and SEO with a fab resource list at the end.
- Amazing collection of library workflows – where was the spreadsheets to EAD hack when I needed it last year?
- Is computer eyesight really getting a lot more accurate for image tagging? For some things, maybe…
Here are five more things to amaze and delight:
- What is a Cybrarian?
- From Ralph Windsor – Understanding the Key Themes of Successful DAM Initiatives.
- A graphic explanation of digital asset management concepts.
- Great presentation on big metadata by Allison Jai O’Dell.
- Cool zine finding aids from Duke University archives.