From the digital collections at the New York Public Library. Mod Librarian will be back in 2016 on January 7th.
Here are five festive things:
- What to expect from digital asset management in 2016.
- Digital asset management round-up 2015.
- Another DAM Podcast interview with the talented team from Hopkins Press.
- Metadata Matters on Evaluating Metadata Standards.
- And, because I have been thinking about file naming.
Here are five amazing things:
- From GatherContent, the brilliant Content Strategy Advent Calendar.
- Christmas trees made out of books.
- The Incluseum’s new metadata schema.
- What can you tell from cell phone metadata?
- Read about implementing a DAM for the Royal Pavilion & Museums by Kevin Bacon (a different Kevin Bacon…).
We’re crazy for slide shows this week at Mod Librarian. Here are five things:
- Amazing slides from Val Swisher on the crossroad of controlled vocabulary – taxonomy and terminology.
- Reminder to check out Tim Strehle’s fabulous resource PlanetDAM.
- The art and science of developing an enterprise content strategy.
- More great slides from Pip Willcox on special collections.
- Lots of good DAM articles by Adobe’s Elliot Sedegah.
Here are five more things:
- Digital asset management for photo and video
- Upcoming webinar on the semantic web and DAM
- Linked data caution from the Bibliographic Wilderness
- Game design scans in Stanford special collections
- Using SPARQL for accessing linked data