Here are ten stupendous things to consider:
- Check out this review of David Diamond’s Metadata for Content Management. I am not all the way through the book yet, but the section describing the concepts of metadata, taxonomy, and controlled vocabulary is simple and elegant.
- How does Comedy Central use digital asset management to find the funny.
- Autotagging is one way to streamline digital asset management.
- Well formed metadata and library discovery.
- Nice post on the basics of taxonomy by my former classmate Theresa Putkey.
- From SAA, Archival Outlook for July and August has a good article on linked data and more.
- Photos from the world’s oldest operating photo studio.
- Bookshelves to big data at the New School.
- A primer on digital asset management from CCO magazine.
- Cat librarians.