Happy March! Here are 10 things on the 10th:
- Research Vocabularies Australia has some fantastic resources for controlled vocabulary.
- Classic Another DAM Blog – Ten Core Characteristics of Digital Asset Management: Is it really a DAM?
- Turn of the century art posters for downloading, courtesy of NYPL.
- The Library of Congress has courtroom drawings.
- Watch John Horodyski speak about digital asset management.
- Check out this Coursera offering on Research Data Management and Sharing.
- Want to tell the world you love metadata? Here are some tees and hoodies.
- Cultural Heritage and DAMS
- Managing metadata in web-scale discovery services
- Heather Hedden on taxonomy management software.
Here are five things plus:
- Really sound advice in Another DAM Podcast’s interview with Bryan Cohen from Pfizer.
- How to conduct a card sorting study from Designmodo and Smashing Magazine.
- The graph database and the RDF database from Inside Analysis.
- Is searching the answer?
- The New York Public Library’s deep digital dive.
BONUS: From the amazing Seattle Meetup event “The Power of Process: How UX Teams Can Cover Content Strategy, with Misty Weaver,” here are some additional content strategy links:
With a little help from the NYPL vintage postcard collection – this is creepy!
Here are this week’s five things:
- Is your DAM secure? Henrik de Gyor asks some tough questions…
- David Diamond with astute DAM observations.
- Jeff Lawrence on the balance between cloud and in-house DAM.
- Need to classify some 3-D objects like quilts? Use Dublin Core.
- Nice digital finding aid for the NYPL Rare Book Division Comic Book Collection.
Here are more than 5 things for your Thursday:
- Want to view a fascinating documentary on National Geographic archivist Bill Bonner? This seems like a dreamy job, white gloves and all…
- Metadata Matters asks us why are we waiting for the ILS to change?
- This seems hard to manage, but intriguing. North Carolina State University Libraries are now lending Google Glass.
- Do you have 164 minutes? Read this – Expect More: Demanding Better Libraries for Today’s Complex World by R. David Lankes.
- NYPL presents absurd vintage skating photos.
Another vintage postcard from the New York Public Library digital collections. Hope you are merry and bright! Mod Librarian will be back in 2014 with more great information.